Join us in bringing meaning and clarity from complexity
Junior UI/UX Designer
Let's get started!
Designer With Passion For Information Graphics And Strengths In Data Understanding, Critical Thinking, And Technological Prowess
Boost Labs is seeking a Junior Designer with passion for information graphics and strengths in data understanding, critical thinking, and technological prowess. Successful applicants for this position will be responsible for working with our design team to translate concepts into kick-ass digital designs for users. We’re looking for someone who values strong collaboration, has a firm commitment to accountability, and wants to build cool shit.
In this position, you will…
- Review data sets, establish an understanding of data, and design infographics and data visualizations with artistic appeal
- Brainstorm and conceptualize client objectives into accurate, beautiful visual communication following a collaborative process
- Translate concepts into polished digital designs using Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator for web, mobile, and print
- Slice, dice, and export digital graphic layers for web or mobile development (e.g., mobile app designs) including associated style guides for development
- Take direction from project leads and/or senior design staff
- Work together with creatives, technologists, and marketers on final products
What you bring to the table:
- A keen eye for detail, including color, typography, size, and layout
- Strong communication skills and writing ability
- Working experience with Figma, Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Understanding of user interface or user experience (UI, UX) design
- Have a technical mindset (math and computer proficient)
- Portfolio samples of design for data visualization and/or infographics
What we offer:
- $40,000 – $50,000/ year (Pay is commensurate with experience)
- Greenfield opportunity. We won’t limit your opportunity for success.
- An evolved work culture and a team willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done; no try – only do attitudes.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or human interaction design
- Working knowledge of CMS; WordPress preferred
- A love of tech, video games, and Nerf guns
Why you should join us:
As an organization, we consider all-level collaboration a key aspect of our success. Our existence relies on effective communication and accountability, no matter the title. We work hard but we like to get loose with Bagel Fridays, ping pong battles, and taking a break for a happy hour with a stocked beverage fridge to keep you going. Want to call the next game?
Not seeing the role you're meant for?
We're always looking for fresh talent!
If you’ve got what it takes, let us know how joining the Boost team will elevate you and our stories!